Düsternbrook Guest Farm near Windhoek is open year-round. Not only for overnight guests but also for day visitors. We offer an attractive, varied, and interesting combination of activities for a few hours. However, you can easily spend a whole day here.
A very exciting leopard and cheetah drive, which takes approximately 45 to 50 minutes. Here you can take excellent photos as the distance to the cats will be only 10 to 15 meters. Departure time 14.00 (april until september); 15.30 (september until april).
The style of riding here is Western, and our trails are long established, well-trodden routes with plenty of time to take in our beautiful local scenery. Of course the absence of a car engine also allows for a more peaceful journey, and the opportunity to get a little closer to the wildlife.
On a game drive in our private game park "Otjihorongo", you see game such as Giraffe, Zebra, Oryx, Kudu, Hartebeest, Gnu, Eland, Steenbuck, Ostrich, Warthog, Baboon, Klipspringer and Hippo. This activity takes approximately 2h. Sundowner drink is included.
In the morning we'll go into the Khomas Hochland mountains. A beautiful drive with fantastic scenery and viewpoints. In addition to game such as kudu and oryx, you could see the rare Hartmann's mountain zebra. Trip takes about 1.5h. Coffee/tea included.
Birdwatching. Namibia is a birdwatcher's paradise and about 160 species have been recorded at Düsternbrook. Many of these birds can be found right around the farmhouse, guest rooms, and campground.
Walking: We have different well-marked walks from 1 hour to 4 hours where you also can see wildlife including our rich birdlife.
- Take a swim in our swimming pool in summer or relax on our sun beds around the pool and get a tan!
- 4x4-mountain trail: a self-drive tour into the mountains and sandy riverbed, about 14 kms.
- Geocaching: Use your GPS to find the hidden treasures on our farm land.
- We can arrange transfers from the International Airport (90km) or Windhoek (50km) to Düsternbrook Guest Farm and back.
- We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner on request for day visitors. Please book in advance.
We are a member of the Khomas Hochland Conservancy with 200,000 ha and we support the Cats Unlimited Wildlife Foundation.